When you think manly, courageous, brave, and fearless, your first thought should probably be Jason Statham, but in a close second should be Bear Grylls, Les Stroud, and maybe even Ray Mears (in no particular order). Being greatly influenced by the shear ruggedness and masculinity of these outstanding examples of men, my good friend Ken and I decided to venture forth into the great northwest and prove to Mother Nature that we can survive anything she can throw at us with nothing more than a knife and the clothes on our back.
- The weather was terrible when we thought of this idea in the comfort of our own homes.
- The weather was terrible when we left town.
- The weather was terrible when we built our lean-to out of nothing more than what the earth provided.
- The weather was terrible when we cooked our hot dogs on the fire we successfully lit in the rain.
- The weather was even worse when we decided after 4 1/2 hours of proving our manliness to head back to civilization.
Basically it comes down to two grown men, going out into the woods and building a fort and starting fires while it was near monsoon conditions. We decided to head back home and not rough out the whole night after it started to snow on us. All in all, a wonderful way to spend your Friday afternoon.