Monday, December 1, 2008

Interview.... please and thank you

At long last, I have an interview for a barista position only but a short walk from the condo. Needless to say I am very excited and feel that it is long over due for me to have some sort of income. Although I am very appreciative and thankful that my lovely lady friend is willing and able to basically pay for everything we do and says she can help me with my bills until I get a job, I really don’t want it to come to that.

I have too much of my parents work ethic engrained in me that I feel like a complete bum if I’m not holding down a full time job and contributing to society. What can I say, I guess they raised me proper.

Something that I have recently realized is how dependent I am on the internet. Currently, each weekday morning I wake up shortly after Kendra and drive her to the B.A.R.T. station and then with my laptop strapped to my back I find the nearest internet cafe (more often than not, Spasso) so that I can continue my job searching, keep up to date on current events, and stay in touch with friends and family.

So dependent that when I am at the condo and “need” to be online and don’t feel like using the old iPhone, I resort to stepping out on the balcony and try and snake someone else’s wi-fi connection. Sad really, but “that’s how we be ballin’ on a budget.”

It will only be like this for a little while longer though. This last weekend we went out and searched one of the areas we like for a new place to live. We are both very excited to have our own place and not have to worry about our shared parking spot and a sub-lease.  

No comments: